- 160g blueberries
- 50g sugar
- white chocolate
- lemon juice
- In a saucepan add 160g blueberries, a generous dash of lemon juice and 50g sugar over a medium heat.
- Stir the mixture together until the blueberries soften and use the back of a spoon to burst some of the blueberries.
- Bring the mixture to a boil the. Reduce to a simmer & continue to stir for 6 – 8 minutes until the mixture has thickened & reduced.
- Turn off the heat & allow to cool fully (it should turn to a gel like substance).
- Leave the dough to stand at room temp for 30 minutes to soften.
- Break it up into pieces in a bowl and add 2 to 3 heaped tablespoons of the blueberry mixture.
- Fold it into the dough with a spoon.
- Using a spoon (or hands if you don’t mind a mess) form 5 balls of cookie dough.
- Place the balls in the fridge for 40 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 155°C fan.
- Place the dough balls on a lined baking try and gently press some extra chocolate on top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Optional: Melt some white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle it over the cookies using a spoon.
Recipe created by Sorsha Brosnan. Follow @bitesbybrosnan on Instagram for more delicious recipes!